Origen: How does Escrow pay work?
How does Escrow Pay work?
ExplanationAn Escrow payment allows the Payer to receive the goods/services from the Seller before payment is released. The Payer sends the payment and this is kept by ePayWorx Ltd in “escrow” status until the Seller has performed according to the agreed terms of sale. In the event the Seller does not perform the escrow is claimed back by the Payer.
Any Buyer can execute an escrow payment at anytime for any purchase. The Seller can accept or reject the escrow payment made.
Escrow Payment criteria-
- Both the escrow Payer/Buyer and Receiver/Seller must have the authority to escrow payment. (both must have ePayWorx accounts).
- The same Payer/Buyer cannot escrow the same amount + with same memo + to the same Receiver/Seller.(if you try to create such a duplicate escrow, a validation error will occur).
- After creating an escrow pay, the Payer/Buyer and Receiver/Seller both will receive an email confirmation of the escrow.
Once an escrow was executed by the Buyer/Payer-
The Payer/Buyer option:
- Hold escrow(money will not be released to Receiver/Seller) if there are a dispute declared. Resolution will then take place to solve the matter.
- Release escrow (release the money to the Receiver/Seller) if the terms of sale was met or if any dispute was resolved.
- Once the escrow was released to the Receiver/Seller, the Payer/Buyer is charged for the escrow pay service.
The Receiver/Seller option:
- Cancel or Reject escrow payment.
- Perform the sale according to terms of sale between the parties.
- Receiver/Seller does not pay any escrow fee if the Receiver/Seller accepted the escrow payment.
- Receiver/Seller must add the order delivery details for the escrow payment on the system in order to claim the payment from Payer/Buyer.
The Escrow Rules:
Rule 1: Receiver/Seller can only claim the escrow after the Payer/Buyer’s received the goods.
Why? If the Payer/Buyer did not receive the goods or if sale terms were broken, the Payer(Buyer) can claim (hold) the escrow from being released to the Receiver(Seller) until matter was resolved.
Example: Payer escrow a merchant to buy hardware in 7 days. And in one month you did not received the goods. So you can claim the money back because the merchant broke the term of sale. Please note: The time/condition for the sale or “hold”, may be added on the description/memo of the escrow page.
Rule 2: If the Payer/Buyer hold escrow and claim money back, then the Receiver/Seller may in turn claim his money for release. In essence if the Payer/Buyer does not claim/hold escrow money back, then the Receiver/Seller need not claim the escrow. Receiver/Seller just add the delivery details of the order and the system will notify the Payer/Buyer to release the escrow to Receiver/Seller.Rule 3: Admin can “Hold” escrow if nobody claimed. If anyone else has made a claim, the escrow becomes on “Hold” automatically.
Rule 4: If Admin claimed an escrow, none of the Members can claim anymore until Admin resolved the dispute. All decisions made by Admin is final and irrevocable.
Rule 5: If the first claim occurred (from Admin or the Payer/Buyer) all three parties will get email notifications.
Rule 6: Upon cancelling/releasing escrow both Payer/Buyer and Receiver/Seller will receive email confirmations.